Sunday, April 5, 2009

Quick update


Here I am starting my 24th week! The baby and I are growing pretty rapidly these days! In the last week, my work acquaintances and even people I don't know have started to say "Congratulations!" I guess it's safe to say at this point I don't look like I've just put on a beer belly or just letting myself go! I've gained about 16 pounds so far and am doing my best to stay active and eat well so I gain wait slowly as all my books and magazines recommend.

Our little baby boy is kicking more than ever. But I think it's his way of reminding me that even though Drew is gone, I'm not alone. What a realization that we are going to have a 3-person family soon!

Not much else to report on the baby front. I'm down to one month working full time and in May I'll shift to 20 hours a week until I feel that I've tied up all the loose ends at United Way. I'm planning to teach swimming lessons at the YMCA in May-June, which could be interesting. I can see the kids now "Not fair, Miss Stephanie! You can back float because that big belly holds you up!" It will be fun and a different take on a very familiar experience.

Love to you all,
Steph & son

3 comments:

  1. You are too cute! I hope baby shopping and all that jazz went well! Let's talk soon! ~donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you are 1 fabulous looking momma to be, stephanie with fetus! when skinny women get preggo, baby bumps are the cutest!

    love,
    stephanie without fetus (for another 4 or 5 years :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe I missed this for a couple of weeks. You look great!! Can't believe I don't get to see you "in person" for 6 more weeks. Glad your son is keeping you company with Drew away!

    Love MOM

    ReplyDelete