Sunday, May 3, 2009

6 Months


Yesterday morning I woke up and my first thought was "3 months til my due date!" Hard to believe that 6 months has passed, but we are getting closer and closer to meeting our little guy! He has developed a schedule for kicking and is growing stronger every day! Sometimes I am talking with someone and can't help but spout out a "oh!" mid-conversation because he gives me a good "Hey Mom!" kick. I love it though. When I lie down at night he always gets readjusted for about 10 minutes and I talk to him, even though I don't know how well my voice goes through. I wonder sometimes if it sounds similar to when you're super congested and hear your own voice resonating in your head!?

Anyhow, all is going well on my end. After my last appointment, I did have some lab work done that showed I was slightly anemic (no biggie-I'm taking iron supplements now) and I did "fail" my one-hour glucose test which sent me on to phase two: the three-hour test. (The test results will determine if I have gestational diabetes or not.) I did the 3-hour test on Wednesday morning and haven't heard from my doctor yet. I'm hoping that no news is good news!!

I am looking forward to working just part-time starting this week. I hope to accomplish several projects that I've put off before the baby arrives!

2 comments:

  1. time sure has flown, huh?! you are TOOOOO cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!! FYI for everyone, she passed her last diabetes test which is great news for Steph and baby boy Saylor. I know Drew can't wait to get home and feel his son practicing his soccer kick!

    Love to all three of you. Mom Skinner

    ReplyDelete